Conference website: https://igc2024dublin.org/ Abstract submission here: https://auth.oxfordabstracts.com/?redirect=/stages/6882/submitter
I wanted to take this opportunity to invite submissions to six sessions that are being organised and convened by the Applied Geography Commission of the International Geographical Union (for which I am the Chair).
- Applied approaches for healthy public policy - welcomes submissions that further our understanding about how we measure, understand and achieve healthy public policy.
- Applied Smart Data research - nvites submissions for papers that make use of such Smart Data in an applied spatial context and/or that further our understanding of the utility for such data toprovide spatial insights.
- Geography and public policy: harnessing opportunities for engagement - calls for papers that address varied relationships between geography and public policy over time; methods and approaches for critical engagement with policy worlds; examples of policy engagement.
- Interface of social, medical and digital geography and its sustainability - welcomes papers that focus on the study of social and medical phenomena and digital technologies in relation to space, time and place.
- Model coupling for applied geographical research - welcomes submissions that further our understanding about how coupling, chaining, grouping or otherwise passing data between models can improve our understanding about applied spatial problems.
- Politicising and reclaiming the impact agenda - welcomes contributions that reflect upon the meaning and implications of the impact agenda for who gets to be a hired geographer and which geographers get to produce what geographies, where, why and with what consequences.
For more information please take a look at the abstract handbook. The Applied Geography sessions can be found on page 24: https://igc2024dublin.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/IGC-2024-Sessions-06.11.23.pdf
Please share widely, and if you would like to submit a paper please make sure to select C.03: Applied Geography and then the appropriate session on the submission webpage.